iiRDS Consortium – Interview Series: “Five Questions for…” – Volker Römisch!
Where does the motivation of our iiRDS consortium members to support the new standard come from? What do they want to achieve? What do they hope for? In our interview series, you will learn about their visions for the standard for intelligent delivery of user information. Our interviewees also talk about how companies are preparing for the imminent upheaval of Industrie 4.0. Here are five questions for Volker Römisch.
Managing Partner at Noxum
Volker Römisch is a managing partner of Noxum GmbH. He focuses on internal and external consulting. From 1996 to 2015, he headed the Product Development and Programming department.
His above-average skills in analytical thinking and his overall view have made a decisive contribution to the business success of Noxum GmbH. Volker Römisch studied computer science at the Würzburg-Schweinfurt University of Applied Sciences.
1. As the iiRDS Consortium was founded for the further development of the standard, what was the motivation for you and your company to join?
We set great value on participating in the development of the standard and giving it a meaningful direction. A feasible standard is important for us as a system manufacturer involved in the implementation: it is our goal to implement the standard efficiently with our software and the iiRDS-compatible interfaces.
2. The roadmap contains numerous plans and ideas: what are you most hoping for from the Consortium?
The trend from documentation to information continues and “intelligent information” plays a central role. And so we hope that the Consortium will effectively promote the standard that applies to intelligent information. This will allow iiRDS to be widely adopted quickly. Because then, the development effort for the implementation of iiRDS-compatible interfaces in our software will also lead to a high application rate.
3. What are you looking forward to in the internal work of the Consortium?
We expect early insights into further developments and influence in a technically viable direction. iiRDS should not become one of these standards that may look good on paper but cannot be used in real life.
4. Which practical implementations do you see for using iiRDS in your company – now and in the future?
We hope that a clear standard will reduce the need for project-specific developments. To achieve this, the purpose of the standard should not be lost sight of: searching and finding content must become “child’s play” for the user.
5. Where do you see iiRDS three years from now?
Content delivery as a concept and content delivery portals as operative tools have become the epitome of situational, user-related provision of process-relevant information and documents in recent years.
In the same way, we expect iiRDS to become the standard for the exchange of documentation in Germany and to expand successively into the rest of the world.
Thanks a lot, Volker Römisch!
Latest posts by Lisa Mümmler
- Automatic. Seamless. Good.What do machine translation and chocolate gifts have in common? - 15 August 2019
- iiRDS Consortium – Interview Series: “Five Questions for…” – Rainer Börsig! - 23 May 2019
- iiRDS Consortium – Interview Series: “Five Questions for…” – Philipp Tschöke & Jan Oevermann! - 29 April 2019